Monday, May 28, 2012

Gratitude Journal #140

Today, I am grateful for this symbol of my nation.


Today, I am grateful for each and every person who has died in service to my country, whether in war or peace, action or accident. When these men and women signed on the dotted line to serve, they committed fully to what this flag stands for, and I am grateful.

Today, I am grateful that men and women continue to serve faithfully and with honor each and every day.

To my American readers, may your Memorial Day be a day of remembrance as well as celebration.  To those outside the US, I encourage you to take a moment to remember your nation's fallen and all who fight for liberty and justice.

Let's all remember.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, Susan, as always. Our son-in-law's unit lost another soldier this weekend - let's all keep them in our prayers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am very grateful for those who serve. I have always been and will always be a patriot. I love my country. I celebrate our National holidays with much gusto and pride! It's not just a day off work though; it's a reason to be grateful, to give thanks and be celebrate patriotism.

    Reading your column I was thinking about family who are serving right now. I have two young cousins in the navy, one in the National Guard reserve that just got called to Afghanistan, and another cousin who just got back.

    Thinking about them; reminded me of more family who did their part. My dad in the National Guard for 27 years, my mom's second husband in the Air Force, her third husband served in Korea. I have three brothers who did a stint in the Navy. My dad's brother served in Vietnam and then served in the National Guard for close to 30 years. My mom's brother had two children born in France while he was stationed there.

    I am so proud and so honored that our family has been a part of keeping our country free.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!