Monday, May 14, 2012

Gratitude Journal #138

Today, I am grateful for my amazing readers who left thoughtful and kind comments on my Thursday post. Even the lone dissenting voice was civil and kind and very brave. Thank you, each and every one. I have the best readers ever.

Today, I am grateful for a clear desk. It's about all I have to show for today, but that's okay. It's something.

Today, I am grateful for mothers everywhere but especially my own mother, who is the best ever.

Today, I am grateful for late-night covert operations that ended in a BMW sports car with a huge red bow in a friend's driveway. Happy birthday, Karin!

Today, I am grateful for our new patio fire pit and the hilarity it provoked. Nick wanted to tell horror stories around it, while George and I wanted to stare into the flames and relax at the end of a long week. The following conversation resulted:

Nick: I'll start. This noisy boy was with his parents...

Me [interrupting]: who killed him for being noisy...

George: and fed him to the rats....

Me: The end.

Nick [after shocked pause]: That was mean.

We're gonna love this fire pit.


Today, I am grateful for faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

What are you grateful for today?

4 comments:

  1. YOu made me laugh today. I'm grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful I checked in with this blog today because I read through the last few posts, including the one on gay marriage, and I learned an important lesson from it (which I just now commented on there).

    I am grateful for that lesson and for you and your willingness to speak out on an important issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I am grateful for a warm, loving, intelligent woman who has the courage to share her life with anyone fortunate enough to trip across her blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!