Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More Randomness

1. George, after introducing me to buckeyetraffic.org, a website that shows traffic conditions in Ohio: "I get a bizarre satisfaction from being inside and seeing how crappy the roads are." Our next-door neighbor's car is at the base of his driveway. Another neighbor's car is on his sidewalk.

2. This is because everything outside is covered in ice. Covered. In. Ice. I finished all my laundry yesterday so we would have plenty of clean underwear in the event of a power outage. I want credit for that advanced planning.

3. I do not like ice.
4. Mother Nature doesn't care what I like or don't like.

5. My next book order: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels: A Love Story. A steamy real-life romance will make me forget about ice. Too bad I don't already have it in my cold, cold hands.

6. My hands are cold because my husband keeps the thermostat at 64 degrees. All. Winter. Long.

7. I need a hug.

3 comments:

  1. i'm always cold because i married a skinflint too, we'd not just hug, dear susan, we'd friggin' cuddle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw some footage on the news this morning of all that ice. We were amazed at just how slippy it gets since it is not something that we have ever had to deal with. It's a crazy old world isn't it sometimes? The power of Mother Nature is definately showing itself in your neck of the woods and also in the northern parts of our country, with a massive cyclone (hurricane) about to hit. Re the cold hands, I saw fingerless hand/arm warmers here last winter that looked pretty cool. Maybe you could take up knitting and make a set?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrr! I had to do the conversion from Farenheit to celsius before I could commiserate fully with you. Our thermostat goes down to 18C/64F at night but we definitely bump it up during the day. I have one child who is perpetually cold and another two who wear tshirts or tanktops all year long. How do you set the thermostat for that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!