Friday, November 19, 2010

Words, Words, Words about What I Can Do

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank

"Being good is commendable, but only when it is combined with doing good is it useful." Author Unknown

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do." Edward Everett Hale

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope... and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert F. Kennedy


This time of year brings out lots of opportunities to do something to make even one person's life a little better. If you're looking for something to do right now, in this moment, to make someone's life a little better, to do something useful to someone else, please consider visiting Do One Nice Thing. Whether you find something useful to do there or in some other place, pick a way to start improving the world right now and just do it.

Let's all be part of the ripple effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!