Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thinking about the Football

Reading the morning paper, I found an article about President Obama's split lip. Ouch. My lip hurts just thinking about an elbow hitting it so hard it splits.

Thinking about presidential pain, I posed a question to George: "Who has control of the football when the president is on painkillers?"

The football, for those who may not know, is the nickname for the briefcase that the president uses to authorize nuclear launch.

George replied, "Good question. You know, Nixon got drunk at the White House all the time. Who had control of the football then?"

That makes me feel loads better.

2 comments:

  1. lol....you are cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard this kind of thing about LBJ, too. Also not reassuring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!