Monday, July 25, 2011

Gratitude Journal #97

Today, I am grateful for physical therapists. They don't promise quick fixes, but they can put you on the path to fitness and health if you do what they say to do.

Today, I am grateful (and also a little sad) for the final installment of the Harry Potter movie series. We saw it yesterday, and on the whole, I found it satisfying...as satisfying as a movie adaptation of a complex book can be. Can't wait to see it again!

Today, I am grateful for all who are providing support and comfort to the surviviors of and the families of those killed in the Oslo attacks. What a horrible, senseless tragedy, born of hate and fear and madness.

Today, I am grateful for the infinity of God's grace and love.

Today, I am grateful for my uncle Darius, who celebrated his birthday late last week. Love you, Coach!

Today, I am grateful for all my readers and am so very happy to award the Barnes and Noble Gift Certificate to random commenter #30, Karen McAlpine, who wrote,

It is Thursday, so I will go back to yesterday. I decided to re-read all the Sue Grafton mysteries this summer. I started on A and am now on P. So, the amazing part is this: if you have read any of these mysteries, you that the author strings you along for awhile and then bam! the good part. Well, last night I got to the bam! good part. I finally had to set the book down and turn out the light. Nice way to go to sleep. And, I did not feel like working (accounting) yesterday...so I didn't. Just made one fun card and did some blogging. And, I managed to stay cool. I also watched the butterflies dance around my flowers. They come and visit each afternoon. Happy blog-aversary!

Thursday, July 21, 2011


Karen, please send me an email at susanraihala at woh dot rr dot com, and I'll send you your gift card ASAP.

Many thanks to all of you who shared how you made a day ridiculously amazing. It was so uplifting and fun to read your responses. What a blessing it is when people share life's positive news!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, I am grateful for movie makers who actually make a relatively faithful adaptation of a book. I have to say the Harry Potter movies are the best adaptations I've seen. I usually avoid movies that are based on books due to the "let down" factor (books are so much richer in texture). And Karen, has just inspired me to go back to "A" with the Sue Grafton books, LOL.
    I'm glad your physical therapist is having a positive effect.
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Michelle. I am on Q now.
    Thank you so much Susan! I am emailing now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!