Monday, July 11, 2011

Gratitude Journal #96

Today, I am grateful for coffee. Specifically, Coffees of Hawaii Malulani Estate. I so totally needed it this morning.

Today, I am grateful for boys jumping in the pool and for dads who jump in with them.

Today, I am grateful that George safely completed the Caesar Creek Olympic-Distance Triathlon yesterday.

Today, I am grateful for thoughts...my own and other people's. Even though thoughts keep me up late at night, even though they distract me from sometimes necessary tasks, even though they shake me up a bit, they are never, ever boring.

Today, I am grateful for the book The Help. It gave me lots of thoughts.

Today, I am grateful for learning something new about words, courtesy of blog reader iriseyes. She pointed out that complaisant and complacent mean slightly different things, and I used the wrong one on my post Friday. Complaisant means eager to please, agreeable. Complacent means self-satisfied, pleased. I never knew. Now I do.

What a happy thought!

What are you grateful for today?

4 comments:

  1. I'm grateful that it's getting easier and easier to climb the mountains we've been hiking this summer. Now I only have to stop to rest once or twice instead of every 100 yards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up The Help from the library this morning and I am grateful for a summer schedule where I can read it in the middle of the day if I like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I am grateful that we were lucky enough NOT to loose power earlier in the day. So many people in our area did. Of course it was a hot and muggy day to make matters worse for them.
    I am grateful that we never had a tree fall on our house or car during any storm.

    Petra
    P.S. "The Help" is a very good book, too bad they had to make it into a movie so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm grateful for . . .
    . . . healing hands
    . . . elder daughters who take younger daughters clothes shopping (haven't quite yet conquered the marathon challenge of taking teenage daughters shopping for clothes!)
    . . . books that open our minds and hearts and change the way we see and live (like The Help, 1000 Gifts, Half the Sky)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!