Monday, June 28, 2010

Gratitude Journal #46

Today, I am grateful for a fun-filled vacation with George's family in northern Minnesota, for laughter and togetherness, for kayaks and pontoon boats, for beautiful log cabins, for wonderful food and drink, for spending time and reconnecting with extended family, for safe travels for all.

Today, I am grateful for the kennel that kept Hoover while we were gone. April, the owner, knew full well that Hoover might need to be put to sleep while he was with her, but she willingly took on the risk to provide a safe, well-known, and loving place for our furry friend. We pick him up today, and I'm soooo grateful he's still with us.

Today, I am grateful for the many volunteers who have stepped up to make meals for the Hammett family. Little Lincoln Hammett lost his 18-month battle with leukemia on the 20th. While this family struggles with grief and loss I cannot understand, I am amazed at how large a community has surrounded them with prayer and support and encouragement. Lincoln brought people together in love and care for his family, and for that, I am grateful.

What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful to my husband for washing the sinks last night after I completely forgot to do it. I am grateful to my oldest child (he is 7) for getting his own breakfast this morning; I needed that additional 20 minutes of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for you...you reached out to me, a virtual stranger, and reminded me that God is still in control. You gave me hope and encouragement through your commitment to pray for our family. You helped me get back in the arms of my Comforter. And you're one heck of a card designer, creator and teacher of life...
    blessings
    in abundance
    patti moffett
    today's word tifilli
    all I could think of is "I'm feeling a little 'tifilli' today"
    hehe my definition'lightheaded and giddy'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!