Monday, February 22, 2010

Gratitude Journal #34

Today, I am grateful for

*the words groovy and swell. I wish they would return to common usage.

*our local YMCA. Yesterday, it struck me how the Y has factored in our lives since we had children. What a wonderful organization!

*fish tacos, prepared by my personal Iron Chef George. Bobby Flay would have gone down in Kitchen Stadium last night.

*this fabulously optimistic song. I remember singing and dancing to this groovy number with my best friends Cam and Polly in their bedroom sometime in the mid-1970s. We did not have the styrofoam props or fun special effects, but we had a swell time anyway.

What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. That video is both groovy and swell. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for having survived, once again, my bi-weekly two day stint working in our main office...84 miles round trip from my home. The 'icing on the cake....not one accident did I see or get stuck in in my travels. It is a very good thing.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!