Thursday, August 6, 2009

Words, Words, Words from Louis Armstrong

I see trees of green, red roses too;
I see them bloom, for me and you,
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue, and clouds of white;
The bright blessed day, dark sacred night,
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces, of people going by;
I see friends shaking hands, sayin’, “How do you do?”
They’re really sayin’, “I love you.”

I hear babies cryin’, I watch them grow;
They’ll learn much more than I’ll ever know,
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

Yes, I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

Oh, yeah.


----------------------------------------------------

Technically, these words were probably written by Bob Thiele, George David Weiss, and George Douglas, but Mr. Armstrong gave them to the wonderful world. If your life has been strange and unfortunate enough that you have never heard him sing this song (which also means you've never watched Sleepless in Seattle, and I pity you), check out this YouTube link. It'll be the best two minutes and nineteen seconds of your day. I promise.

3 comments:

  1. I love that song. I listened to it while in labor with my daughter, and played it a lot through her infancy while I rocked her to sleep. I always got choked up at the baby part, looking down at my sweet, tiny girl and feeling so in love with her. Thanks for the happy memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son was married in April, and we used this song for our mother-son dance..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the song that played after our wedding ceremony just after being introduced as Mr. and Mrs. I really like this song too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!