Monday, August 17, 2009

Gratitude Journal #10

Today, I am grateful for wonder. Years ago, while riding in the car, an enthusiastic Nick said, "I wonder what it's like to be a wolf, or a cloud, or . . . tape!" He's got enough imagination for ten kids, so he was the perfect tutor for Jack, whose autism inhibits his imagination. Our little Jack is quite the literal child who won't let me call him "honey" without telling me, "Mom, I'm not honey; I'm a boy." This weekend, however, Nick's good influence showed when a very curious Jack said, "Mommy, I wonder what it's like to be a dog."

Beautiful.

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful for my wonderful husband. I can't get over my luck. I chose well. I love your stories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!