Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gratitude Journal #9

Today, I am grateful for eight hours of fabulously refreshing sleep. I never get eight hours and usually consider myself lucky to get six. I'm also grateful for the trip that knocked me out last night. Visiting my sister always results in sleep deprivation. Actual conversation when I got home last night:

George: So how late did you and your sister stay up talking?

Me: Well, one night it was 1:30 or 2:00.

George [aghast]: WHAT did you talk about?!?

Me: I don't know. Stuff.

George: I don't have enough to say to stay up that late talking.

Me: That's because you're not a girl.

I'm also grateful George isn't a girl; if he were, I would never have slept at all last night because he would have wanted more than the short version of my trip. Sometimes, however, I need to stay up until 2:00 in the morning talking about everything and nothing with my sister. It keeps my planets properly aligned.

I just love being a girl.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!