Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I am thankful for...

air, and my ability to breathe it in and out so easily.

water, which makes up most of me and you and the earth in general, and flows clean out of my faucets.

food, which I will eat too much of today, and of which too many people on this earth have not enough.

clothes, to keep me warm and and comfortable, and to keep others from seeing all of me.

my home, which is very comfortable.

my family, who are loved by me and who love me.

my friends, who are loved by me and who love me.

my church family, which is such a blessing to me.

my blog readers, who are the best.

my community, which has all I need and an awful lot of what I want.

my country, which lets me say what I want, worship as I wish, and live free of harassment and fear.

our planet, which is beautiful beyond imagining and deserves more respect than she gets.

the stars, which shine with far-away light and remind me how small I am.

God, from whom all blessings flow.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Susan! I second everything you said--except I don't have any blog readers to be thankful for, so in that place, I'll say I'm thankful for your inspiring and entertaining blogs. Thanks for sharing your talent and insight with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!