Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Gratitude Journal #267

Today, I am grateful my husband is such an excellent photographer. All photos on this post are his.

Today, I am grateful for Jack's interest in the trumpet. The 6th grade band played for the opening of the hometown expo a few weeks back, and George got a few awesome pictures!



Today, I am grateful for all the amazing depth of talent in our high school. The performance of Shrek: The Musical last weekend had me toe-tapping in my seat! Everything was excellent, from the sets and lighting to costumes and makeup to acting and singing to the orchestra in the pit!

Nick is the middle guard.

Shrek and Donkey. Can you imagine wearing those costumes and makeup
for four whole performances?

Lord Farquaad was delightfully nasty and so funny, but crawling around on
his knees must have been really tough!

Teen Fiona in her solo from "I Know It's Today"

Nick on left as Burnt Knight #1

Fiona and the Pied Piper

Fiona and Shrek, with Donkey in the background

Three Blind Mice

Farquaad on his horse, with the knight clopping the coconuts together...a
fun reference to Monty Python. Farquaad exited as his horse was backed
of the stage to the sound of a dump-truck backing signal!

Gingy and Pinocchio and other fairytale creatures

The Three Little Pigs and the White Rabbit

Nick protecting Farquaad from Mama and Papa Bear
 
"Oh, my!"

The finale

 
Cast picture
As you can see, this was a huge production, and it was a resounding community success. I love how many kids had solos, and how many participated both on stage and off.

My heart is full of gratitude today. So tell me, what are YOU grateful for?

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!