Monday, May 11, 2015

Gratitude Journal #268

Today, I am more grateful than I can say for George, Nick, and Jack, who made my Mother's Day the best ever.

Today, I am grateful to the mother who gave birth to me those many years ago. I was breech, and she had a most unpleasant time delivering me. That's when gratitude starts! I can't say she had an easier time during my teens, either. I am also grateful for my mother-in-law who raised my husband so well that he does most of the cooking. Thanks, Barb!

Today, I am grateful for flowers, including the lilac and rose bushes George planted for me Saturday and the pansies we saw outside a restaurant Saturday night. I didn't take a picture, but they were purple like these!

Source

What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. I joined a writers group (and there are some serious writers) to help improve my writing skills. At the first meeting we were asked what we hoped to get out of the group and what style. I just wanted to be a better blog writer and like my clothes,I have no style. Next month is my turn to present and I was asked what did I want my blog to do? None of the standard labels fit (very much like my shirts - wide shoulders, no waist) and then I thought about this blog. How I'm always so grateful for the witty writing, sharing stories about your family and life lessons. I decided I would do what I will call a 'buddy blog". A place you can pop into, catch up on things and occasionally be inspired to do something.
    Grateful for many things in my life and one is this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, your comment makes me so happy. Thank you!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!