Monday, August 11, 2014

Gratitude Journal #246

Today, I am grateful for last week and everything about it. For the friends I made, the many things I learned, the fireworks I saw, the prayers I said, the skills I gained, the safe travels of many, the loving care of my family, the fun they had without me, the joy we felt at reunion, the kindness and generosity of my sister-in-law and brother-in-law...the list goes on.

Today, I am grateful for my prayer partner in Pittsburgh: Althea. And I'm grateful for all the other women and men I met who made the experience so rich and educational.



Today, I am grateful for the piles of stuff all over my house. At least, I am trying to be grateful. Mostly, I just want to tackle and tame them. But really, they represent a full and wonderful life, and I repeat that mantra when I want to burn them all with fire.

Today, I am grateful for my aunt, who broke her back (at the L-1 vertebra) falling off a ladder at church while decorating for vacation Bible school. She is recovering well after that terrifying experience and will be fine. I am also grateful to all my friends who prayed for her when we didn't know what the prognosis was.

Today, I am grateful for our plans to go to Wisconsin for the Ironman race...George's eighth attempt and possibly fifth finish. What a fun experience...again. Especially since Angela (George's sister) and her husband Mike will be there with us again this year!

What are you grateful for today?

3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!