Monday, May 12, 2014

Gratitude Journal #235


Today, I am grateful for my mother, Dianne, who put up with me, and for her mom, Ann, who put up with Dianne, and Ann's stepmother, Ethel, who put up with Ann. Ann's mom died when Anne and her six siblings were young, and Ethel stepped in and raised them as her own, showering her love on three generations. Her example led Ann to shower love on her own children and grandchildren and eventually great grandchildren, as Dianne showers her children and grandchildren today. I am grateful for my mother's capacity to love.

Today, I am grateful for my husband, who has decided that birthday presents are grand, but the added years are not. So he's stopping at last year's number, but keep the presents coming. Happy birthday to my honey bunny, big-green-egg master, crazy triathlete, honorable bread winner, comic relief, iron chef, and partner for life. You're continuing to kick butt at forty mumble-mumble, and I love you. Happy birthday!

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. After reading your post, I had to really think about what I was grateful for. I'm in a pity party mood (something I don't like) so I had to walk away from my computer for a bit.
    On mother's day I spent the day with my older sister and my children who are now adults. Grateful that I was able to be a stay at home mom and that my children now understand how important that is. It was also fun to say I wanted to stay a little longer to watch a silly cooking show. My son looked at his watch but my daughter said, "it's mother's day, she gets to do what she wants". No complaining from either of them, they just found a comfy chair and watched the show with me. Grateful that my children turned out to be great adults.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!