Friday, August 13, 2010

Words, Words, Words about Family

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." Desmond Tutu


"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." Jane Howard


"And thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen." Terri Guillemets

These quotations apply to the week in June that we spent with George's side of the family. They also apply to the time I'm spending right now with my mom, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and two nephews. That's right. I'm in Grady-land! Pictures will be coming your way soon.

1 comment:

  1. Family IS great. As a child I fought hard against spending holidays with the extended family, but now I look forward to it for months.

    My dad died almost nine years ago, and my mom lives many states away, so my uncles (Dad didn't have any sisters) and their spouses/children are the closest things I have these days. Also, they are tons of fun. I was so dumb as a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!