Monday, August 16, 2010

Gratitude Journal #53

Today I am grateful that this 4 pound, 11 ounce preemie baby...


is now this 18 pound, 6 ounce baby...



Today, I am grateful for a beautiful Friday at the beach with my family. We went to Chesapeake Bay and hunted shark teeth and other fossils.


The cliff gave us shade all afternoon, which was absolutely delightful. Here are Lisa, Mom, and Baby Grady enjoying the shade.


Lisa took photos of everyone, including me. You won't be seeing the ones of me. Ever.


Baby Grady wasn't sure about the water, and when a wave hit him, he decided it wasn't for him.


Jack, on the other hand, started talking about going to the beach three months ago when I first told him we were visiting his cousins in August. I told Lisa that now that Jack had been to the beach, he would want to go home to Ohio. As soon as we returned to Lisa's house on Friday, he said, "Mommy, can we go home now?"


Rory, my niece, only left the water to make sand castles for the whole three hours we were there. She and Jack are the water children in this family.


Nick and Mac are the collectors who were more interested in finding shark teeth and other interesting fossils. Mac's big find of the day was a tiny, inch-long, perfectly intact, serrated manta ray barb.


Today, I am grateful for family.

What are you grateful for?

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! We are currently at the beach with our 1 year old grandson, and enjoying it anew through him and his reactions. His newest word is "tur-tle," each syllable said very carefully and distinctly. I am grateful for grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!
    what a great time. aren't cousins the best?!!!
    i am off this friday to denver to visit with my best friend since 5th grade (that's about 100 yrs ago) whose dad died in early july. her family is having a small memorial service for him. my sons also live in denver, so i will stay with them and spend some time enjoying their company. i haven't been with them since christmas. i, too, am thankful for family.
    marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when Grady was born and you requested prayers for your sister and his sweet small self....

    what a spark of life he is!!

    THIS post brought tears to my eyes knowing all is well in your part of the world!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!