Monday, August 23, 2010

Gratitude Journal #54

Today, I am grateful that eight years ago today, my in-laws had arrived six days before my scheduled C-section. Little did I know that that night, I would go into labor and have an emergency C-section at three the next morning. Thank goodness my in-laws were there to take care of Nick so we could go to the hospital and bring this boy into the world:


Today, I am grateful for Jack.

Today, I am grateful to George for taking today off from work so we can take Jack to his favorite place on earth, the Newport Aquarium. He wants to go every year on his birthday. He calls it the Blue Fish Museum.

Today, I am grateful that tomorrow is the first day of school. OH. MY. GOD. I'm so grateful for that.

What are you grateful for today?

3 comments:

  1. I burst out laughing when I got to the part about how grateful you are for the first day of school tomorrow! My kids are all grown up, but I remember how happy I was when summer vacation arrived and we didn't have to be on a school schedule and do homework over the summer...but then the "natives" would get a little restless by the end of summer and I would think the same thing as you the day before school started! Take a little time to relish it tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is MY first day at school too! : ) I am grateful for that really.....especially in these tough economic times.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am counting the seconds until school goes back in, too. The summer flew by mostly, but now it is draaaaaaaaagging.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!