Thursday, March 18, 2010

Picture of Health

Back in October, I asked for prayers for my sister and her premature son, Grady. Many thanks to all who took up that request; my gratitude is immeasurable. Our prayers were answered, and little Grady is now the picture of health and happiness.


Here's Grady with his mommy, who is also very grateful for all your prayers.


And here's Grady with his proud aunt, who loves him very, very much.



My mother, Lisa, and her three children visited us this week. I got my baby fix with feeding and burping and swaying and changing Grady's clothes...but not his diaper. Being an aunt is way easier than being the mommy. Grady is such a happy little guy, unless, of course, he is hungry or tired or dirty. He is also very considerate, sleeping through the night and letting my sister (and the rest of us) get some sleep.

Their visit was filled with much laughter and giggling and silliness. My favorite moment came when my mother, who is the quintessential sweet mommy type, totally got us rolling on the floor with with an out-of-the-blue wisecrack about herpes. But, really, you had to be there to appreciate that one.

Upcoming on Questioning: I'm working on a new essay for the blog about wine snobs (MUST revisit that topic because it's so rich in comic potential!), as well as an update on Hoover. Many thanks to all of you who have expressed sympathy for his situation. He's still with us and doing pretty well.

10 comments:

  1. what a darling boy!!
    so glad you had the chance to be together. that is such a special time. thanks for the updates on everyone. sending hugs,
    marty ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  2. what wonderful photos to treasure....beautiful boy! He looks very cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, the pics of Grady are precious! I see the one of you and him as a 5 x 7 on the mantle! He's a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful pictures ... someone should scrapbook them!! Glad you had a great visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Grady just so adorable! Not a soul would ever guess he wasn't the picture of health at birth.
    I love his coloring, like he's been lounging on the beach in Hawaii.

    Blessings on you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what cute pictures! I love all three of them! His smile in the first one is so cute! So glad you all had a fun visit.

    Looking forward to your wine snob essay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh what a sweet baby. You need to put a warning label on this post. That picture will make anyone want to run out and have a baby. You just want to pick him up and snuggle. CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found this site. What a refreshing thing to read each morning. I've loved your cards on splitcoast and your character shows through every word you write. Praise God for women of principles that who inspire us, make us laugh and sympathize with us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan he is just beautiful - so happy to see the bouncing baby Grady. Hope you are keeping well. I still read your blogs daily. XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely to have your sister and family with you and especially to see Grady so well.
    God is good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!