Friday, January 1, 2010

Words, Words, Words from Paul McCartney

Today, when I turned on my computer, I was greeted with a headline that said something to the effect that 2009 was such a bad year that Americans lacked optimism moving into 2010.

Shouldn't optimism kick in when things are bad? Isn't that when it's most useful? Isn't optimism a lot harder when all people hear is that they lack optimism? Doesn't that become a self-fulfilling prophesy?

Just askin'.

2009 was what it was...a hard year for many. 2010 hasn't had a chance yet, but the media is already dragging it down. Let's let 2009 be. There will be an answer. Let it be.

Now, doesn't that help? Just a bit?

2 comments:

  1. As a Christian, I'm constantly "letting it be" no mater how bad things get; but I do have to remind myself to do just that. It truly is a comfort to remember that not only is God in control, but that "ALL things work together for good for those that love the Lord." (Romans 8:28) We cannot expect the News media to reflect this perspective! The Day is coming when the sorrows and sufferings of this world will be done away with forever. Until then, we press on with courage and faith in the resurrected Christ Who has already overcome the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of reading the newspaper in the morning I go to blogs that are creative and inspiring. I also got rid of our TV 15 years ago. One of the best things I've ever done.

    Your blogs are always refreshing or thought provoking. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!