Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratitude Journal #161

Today, I am grateful for George's photography skills.









These pictures are from a few weeks ago. The world looks much different now, with bare-naked trees. These pictures help me remember all the beautiful color that passes so fleetingly from our Ohio landscape.

Today, I am grateful for survival, for safety in times of trouble, for emergency crews and utilities workers who are still helping the victims of Sandy. I heard earlier today that 115 people have died, and while my heart aches for all their loved ones and friends, I am so very grateful that the number is so small a percentage of the total number of people who have been affected. When we think back on other disasters...Katrina, the tsunamis in Japan and Indonesia, the earthquakes in Haiti and Pakistan...how very fortunate so many people are safe. There's still a long way to go to get them all warm and in their own homes, but the work is begun.

Today, I am grateful for November, for its birthdays and its holidays of Veterans Day and Thanksgiving, for the hunkering down before winter hits, for burning leaves and hot apple cider.

What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. Grateful that I can live close to my family and that we live in such a wonderful place. Perfect warm weather today!

    Thank you Susan for writing such a wonderful blog!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!