Monday, March 14, 2011

Gratitude Journal #82

Today, I am grateful for useful people who help others directly in times of crisis. I am grateful for everyone in Japan and around the world mobilizing life-saving rescue and medical efforts where they are needed, and providing food, clothing, and temporary shelter to those men, women, and children devastated by the earthquake and its aftermath. I am grateful to everyday people who give money to help others in crisis.

Today, I am grateful for prayer.

Today, I am grateful for The Quiet, which played a private concert at my house on Saturday when George took the boys to the zoo and left me at home to rest. I am grateful for George and his love and care this weekend for his once-again sick wife.

Today, I am grateful for Daisy, who should have been named Prozac for her effect on our family following Hoover's death. This weekend, George asked what life would be like without a dog, and I said, "It would be less furry." He thought I meant that less fur would be good, but I explained that a house without fur is just a house. A house with fur is a happy home. Our house has LOTS of fur.

Oh, and I am grateful that the furry freak is none the worse for having swallowed a rock last week.

Today, I am grateful for a 2.5-hour phone conversation I had on Friday with a kindred spirit in the world of autism. It was so invigorating and positive. Thanks, Nancy!

Today, I pray that my sister's family and my mother feel well soon. It sure seems like everyone is sick right now. I am grateful it's been nothing more serious than bronchitis and ear infections, responding well to treatment.

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I love to read your posts that reminds us to think about the positive things in our lives. I think about what I'm grateful for every morning when I'm walking my dog Annie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!