Friday, September 9, 2011

Words, Words, Words (and Pictures) from Jon Katz

Jon Katz, of Bedlam Farm blog, has written another book about animals called Going Home: Finding Peace When Pets Die. It will be released later this month, and in preparation for that, he started a FaceBook page where his readers could post pictures and memories of their own beloved pets who had gone ahead. (Search the book title on FB if you're interested.)

Of course, I posted a picture of Hoover on the FB page, a picture my sister took that captures his golden glow and alert expression so well.

Katz decided to make a video of some of the FB pictures, and that video is now on YouTube. I'm honored that Hoover's picture is part of the video (at 1:33). I particularly like how the narrative ends with encouragement to bring another pet into your life, when you are ready. Hoover sent us Daisy. I just know it.

Katz's words are today's words, words, words.

Going Home Video

4 comments:

  1. Oh my...I thought I recognized Hoover when I saw the video! It's beautiful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Susan, what a beautiful video. And that Hoover steals my heart every time I see him. His face and eyes are so expressive, it's almost like he's looking directly at me. Thanks for sharing this with us. I think Hoover was mighty special, sending you a sweetie like Daisy! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!