Monday, May 9, 2011

Gratitude Journal #89

Today, I am grateful that my mother gave birth to me and raised me with love and compassion and kindness. Not everyone is so blessed by a wonderful mother as I am.

Today, I am grateful for my husband and boys, who made Mother's Day extra special with a great dinner, some quiet time in my craft room, and lots and lots of love all day!

Today, I am grateful for hot water...because we have none.

Today, I am grateful for people who provide services. These are the people who dry clean our clothes; who fix our lawnmowers, water heaters, computers, and cars; who drive delivery trucks and taxis and buses; who mow grass and edge drive-ways and whack weeds; who watch our pets when we are away; who sweep our chimneys; who smile and ask if we found everything we wanted as they scan our groceries; who stock the shelves at our Barnes and Noble; who fix our mochas perfectly at Starbucks and deliver hot meals to our table at Bonefish Grill; who do what we tell them to do with our money through little windows at a counter in a bank. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful for being able to wiggle 4 out of 5 toes on my right foot. I am grateful for being able to walk up steps now and not look like a Kindergartener. I am grateful for pain blocker shots and physical therapy. I am grateful for prayerful friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for the trashmen who cheerfully take my trash each week and leave my trashcan standing up next to my driveway. I am thankful for my son's teacher who did everything she could this year to make him feel confident and pass his End of Grade tests. I am thankful for my new washer that doesn't leak. I am thankful for all 3 of your blogs. You make me smile, sometimes laugh out loud, and your writing just makes me happy. Thank you for reaching out and touching others. Your writing (and you) really is(are) a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!