Friday, September 11, 2009

What's Happening in this Picture?



George just got back from driving the bike course with his friend Keith, who's here doing his first Ironman race. George checked out my last post, started laughing, and asked, "Do you want to know what I'm doing in this picture?"

"Sure." I took it because he looked so thoughtful standing in the water, hands on hips, looking out at the course. I'd title the picture something romantic and sentimental, like Athlete Contemplating His Challenge. My heart filled with love and admiration for him as I snapped this shot because he is taking on this huge race yet again, pushing his body to the limits just because he can.

Instead, George crushed this romantic vision. "I'm peeing," he said. "Keith was behind me, and I mentioned that I needed to take the traditional pee in the wetsuit. Keith smiled and said, 'I already took care of that.'"

Oh, God above, my husband knows how to kill my sentimentality and make everything real. Earthy. Urological.

Dudes! You can't live with 'em, and you can't romanticize them!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!