Saturday, September 12, 2009

IM Moo, Saturday Update



Tonight, on our way back to the hotel after a pasta dinner, George said, "Here we are on the eve of another Ironman.... What the HELL was I thinking!?!?"

I hear this every year.

This afternoon, George took his bike and transition bags to Minona Terrace in preparation for tomorrow. His bike is racked under the bridge over the parking lot.



Here's the view over one side of the bridge:

Here's the view on the other side:

In the end, there will be over 2,400 bikes racked and ready to roll. At an average of at least $3,000 each, the parking lot will hold over $7 million in bikes.

I'm not going to think about that. It hurts my brain.

Inside the convention center are two rooms full of transition bags...one room for the swim-to-bike transition, one room for the bike-to-run transition. The only difference is the color of the bags.

All is ready. Tomorrow's the day. Deep breath.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you both!! George for doing the IM Moo, and you for being there for George and all of the other IM mates.... let us know how it goes-even blow by blows will suffice.

    I asked Brent (DH) if he would like to do an IM and he said 'yeah, someday. I've got 8 more months until I'm able to ride a bike (he was hit by a truck riding his bike to work in April and his Neuro Dr said no bike riding (or swimming?) for a year) but that would be nice.

    I'll just live vicariously through you and George. I don't know if I can handle the thought of Brent on a bike again....

    Again--GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to George! I'll be checking for updates!

    How do they manage starting the swim? How many go at once?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!