Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Gratitude Journal #239

Today, I am grateful for kennels that take wonderful care of dogs...even if the dogs themselves act like they are going to their execution on the drive to said kennel. Daisy deserves an Academy Award for her performance.



Today, I am grateful for safe travels and a beautiful cabin situated feet from Lake Vermilion, for loon calls and eagle wings, for boats and kayaks and cold water, for great company and relaxation. (I'll post pictures later, when my connection is better. Just loading the Daisy picture above took ten minutes.)

Today, I am grateful for big books on the Nook...so much easier to haul around. For fans of the Outlander series, the new book is pretty good and a lengthy commitment at 1221 pages on my Nook. Does anyone know if Nook pages count the same as print pages? Seems like the page count would vary depending on what type size your reader is set to display. But it's very long and satisfying and better than some books in the series. (The Fiery Cross, I'm talking about you.)

Today, I am grateful for the end of another school year, for summer breaks, and for kind friends who watch pet fish in our absence.

Today, I am grateful for 28 years with the man of my dreams. I love you, sweetie, and happy anniversary!

What are YOU grateful for today?

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both :D Enjoy your break!! Poor Daisy, at least she doesn't throw up in the car, like my Irish Setter used too, eugh!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that today, I am grateful for wonderful friends, who lift even the darkest of spirits :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends are good for that, Gay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your anniversary. How ironic, I just got divorced, and for that I am grateful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you all the best, Karen, and thank you for sharing it with me. Blessings to you and the kids!

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary to both of you.

    Another Outlander fan here. The new hardcover edition has 814 pages. If you read the author's notes and acknowledgements (which I always do) it goes to 825 pages. I've only read about 1/3 of the book so far.

    Enjoy your time on Lake Vermilion. As a Minnesotan, I can vouch for how beautiful it is up there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Joan! Good to hear the print pages weren't quite as high as the Nook ones....it still seemed to take forever for me to finish that book, though. That's a LONG one! I like big books and I cannot lie....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary :) Printed book is over 800 pages if I am not mistaken so a bit longer on Nook and Kindle. Just started reading it and see quite a few late nights in my future LOL!.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!