Monday, November 18, 2013

Gratitude Journal #213

Today, I am grateful for my fourteen-year-old son, a young man with a kind heart and strong will. He's discovered that school isn't so bad after all, that working hard gets results, and that kindness is  important. He's into comic books, action movies, dancing, and Minecraft.  I love you, Nick. Happy birthday!

Today, I am grateful for a week spent with my in-laws. I've always said I am most fortunate in my in-laws, and this visit was one more example of that. What a blessing they are in our lives!

Today, I am grateful for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday and for the stores that have stuck to their principles and are not opening for Thanksgiving Day. 

Today, I am grateful that my younger son, Jack, has been released from speech therapy at our local children's hospital. Starting when he was four, he spent three years in physical therapy, five years in occupational therapy, and now seven years in speech. While he continues to receive speech and occupational therapies at school, this release represents the huge progress he has made, the hard work he has done, and the amazing skill of the therapists he has had. Way to go, Jack!

Today, I am grateful that my birthday is coming up, and for some reason I don't even care that it's an odd number...and a prime number at that. I love my 40's. Picasso said, "It takes a long time to become young." Well, I'm a slow learner, but I'm finally starting to understand. THAT is certainly something to celebrate!

Today, I am grateful for all the prayers, aid, and assistance pouring into the Philippines (finally). What horrible conditions the victims of the typhoon have suffered, made even worse by infrastructure problems. I am also grateful for the help and prayers going out to victims of the tornados yesterday. May all who are suffering the loss of homes and loved ones receive the help they need.

Today, I am grateful for the story I'm going to share later this week. God works in amazing ways!

What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. Today I am grateful for a wonderful birthday weekend; alternately spent with friends, family and friends.

    I am grateful for the opportunity to babysit my sweet grandson last night. I forgot just how active a one year old is and how much fun they are.

    I am grateful for a wonderful day with my hubby yesterday and a sinfully decadent nap on a gray rainy day.

    I am grateful for that same hubby and how he has adopted my mother as his own. He does wonderful things for her like insisting we buy her a snow blower for her birthday because she likes to do her own snow. And waxing her car this weeked so it is ready for winter.

    I am very grateful to finally be back in a good sleep pattern. It was wonderful to start the week well rested.

    I am grateful that family was spared in the tornado that touched down in Illinois.

    I am graeftul for good health. A friend of 35 years was recently diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. Her prognosis is good; and for that too I am grateful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for two beautiful daughters who love their husbands and who give willingly of themselves to others all thru the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!