Monday, November 11, 2013

Gratitude Journal #212

Gratitude overflows today.

Today, I am grateful for all our veterans and those who currently serve our armed forces. I am particularly grateful for my veteran husband, who spent 20 years committed to his country in the United States Air Force. Thank you all so much for your service and sacrifice.

Today, I am grateful for my mother- and father-in-law, who are visiting. They are always fun to have in town. We've gone to the Dayton Art Institute and the Cincinnati Zoo, and hiked in a metro park. We've stuffed them so full of apple fritters, chocolate chip cookies, steak tacos, tex-mex trail mix, and turtle cheesecake that they say they're going on a water diet when they get home. Food is love, people. At least, according to George.

Today, I am grateful for this amazing autumn...the gorgeous colors have stayed around for what must be a record length of time.

Today, I am grateful for our school district, for the hope of better cooperation between the school board and teachers, and for the many teachers who make a daily difference in my children's lives. So very grateful.

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I was mostly very selfishly grateful that the 11th fell on a Monday this year so it made a 3 day weekend. In my defense, I was sleep deprived thanks to the time change throwing my inner clock into a tailspin. I am decidedly grateful to be back on standard time,though. And I'm striving to be thankful for our freedom every day, not just on Remembrance Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!