1. Lots of people are pinterested in making their own stuff...make-up, deodorant, detergent, soap, toothpaste, and window cleaner. These are all things I try to think about as little as possible, yet some choose to spend hours doing the chemistry. Cool.
2. Apparently, a large number of people think skeletal women in frumpy clothes are sexy. Not cool.
3. Pictures of naked men that display only the portion of their bodies between their strong, stubbly jaws and the very bottom of their six-pack abs appear frequently. I'm not complaining, but it does seem to objectify men. Do they mind?
4. Anger and hostility crop up occasionally, usually with frequent dropping of the f-bomb and b-word. Don't be hatin', pinners!
5. Pinned food pictures are almost always saliva-inducing orgies of gluttonous eye candy, but occasionally, the food looks pre-digested and might help inspire you if you are fasting or dieting. It might be worth creating a a whole board of gross food for future reference, don't you think?
6. Pornographic pictures confirm that Pinterest is not just for women. Men are pinning, too.
7. Scary make-up and ridiculously high-heeled shoes are oddly popular, which makes no sense to me. So are hairdos, prom dresses, sensible shoes, knitted fashions, coats, jewelry, and purses, which makes perfect sense to me.
8. Nostalgia is also popular...old advertisements, clothing, books. I like nostalgia.
9. If you're decorating your home, Pinterest can give you lots of awesome ideas and make you feel horrifyingly inadequate at the same time.
10. If you're planning your wedding, Pinterest can give you lots of awesome ideas and make your father take out a second mortgage at the same time.
11. Occasionally, you'll come across things that cannot be unseen and will leave you wishing to gouge out your eyes and wander around Greece bemoaning your fate just like Oedipus. Seriously.
12. You'll see stuff like this, and all the Greek tragedy will have been worth it:
|Epic Photo Bomb|
What are your random observations about Pinterest?