1. George, after introducing me to buckeyetraffic.org, a website that shows traffic conditions in Ohio: "I get a bizarre satisfaction from being inside and seeing how crappy the roads are." Our next-door neighbor's car is at the base of his driveway. Another neighbor's car is on his sidewalk.
2. This is because everything outside is covered in ice. Covered. In. Ice. I finished all my laundry yesterday so we would have plenty of clean underwear in the event of a power outage. I want credit for that advanced planning.
3. I do not like ice.
4. Mother Nature doesn't care what I like or don't like.
5. My next book order: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels: A Love Story. A steamy real-life romance will make me forget about ice. Too bad I don't already have it in my cold, cold hands.
6. My hands are cold because my husband keeps the thermostat at 64 degrees. All. Winter. Long.
7. I need a hug.