Monday, October 25, 2010

Gratitude Journal #63

Today, I am grateful for whoever first said, "A day without coffee is like...sleep."

Today, I am grateful for a man who enjoys chopping vegetables and baking bread.

Today, I am grateful that our school hosts Dads and Donuts every year. George took the boys to school that morning. As they loaded in the car, he placed the box of chocolate-glazed Krispy Creme donuts on the roof of his car while he loaded his backpack and coffee. Jack panicked. "Daddy, that isn't safe for the donuts!" (And yes, George took donuts because Jack is picky.)

Today, I am grateful for chocolate-glazed Krispy Creme donuts.

It seems my gratitude is focused on food today. Let's wing off in another direction.

Today, I am grateful that Jack likes his developmental pediatrician. "Dr. Z is the best doctor EVER!" When I asked Jack why he liked Dr. Z so much, he replied, "He lets me play with his light and tells me to open my mouth and say 'Ahhhh.'" He also doesn't give Jack shots.

Today, I am grateful for Dr. Z and all the other professionals who help kids with autism. What a blessing they are to these children!

Today, I am grateful for Legos. Nick is now obsessed with them, and frankly, that's a good thing for an almost-eleven-year-old boy to be obsessed with.

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Today I'm grateful that my house is surviving the terrific winds we're having and that the power is back on - went off at 5 a.m. Not fun trying to put makeup on my flashlight with your cat poking his nose in your face....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!