Sunday, April 6, 2014

Gratitude Journal #232

Today, I am grateful for this card which was left on my doorstep by my girlfriend Angela last week. It came with cookies. Just because. I have amazing friends.



Today, I am grateful for another card which appeared in my mailbox on a very gray and rainy and cold day late last week. It's from another friend named Angela whom I've never met in real life but have known online for years through the card-making community. The card, handmade by Angela, is signed by her and her students who read my blog post on Authenticity. Apparently they liked it. A gray, cold day turned warm and sunny through their expression of gratitude!




Today, I am grateful for our high school's musical performance of Hairspray. There are some amazingly talented teens in our town, and Nick and I so enjoyed our evening Saturday night together. He's looking forward to auditioning for whatever musical they put on next year since he'll be in the high school. You can't stop the beat!

Today, I am grateful for our church, our pastor, and the opportunities I have to serve God in a wonderful Christian community.

Today, I am grateful that George was able to ride his bike on Saturday and Sunday. Sunny spring days make him happy to be spinning on the open road after a long winter of indoor training rides. Only 154 days until Ironman Wisconsin. Moooooooo!


What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. A long-suffering, patient, loving, and forgiving God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I would like to have my own home again, where I live now is perfect. This weekend Mr. B and my landlord hooked up my cable line (it came with the studio but I never knew to plug it in) and my Ethernet cable so I don't have to worry about the Wifi going down. Very grateful that my landlord is easy going and doesn't mind me dragging things home from the auction and leaving everything outside the studio. Really looks like Ma and Pa Kettle front yard! Grateful every night when I can leave all the windows open and only hear the crazy mockingbird. Grateful for my Annie who keeps me moving on days I would really like to be a slug. Grateful all my taxes are done and the IRS paid.
    Grateful for Susan to remind us to be grateful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!